This is a first for me, as I am about to review a movie we went to see over the long weekend.
A few details first.
I am a person who likes to be ENTERTAINED at the movies.
I am a person who generally likes HAPPILY EVER AFTER MOVIES.
I am not an easy person to TAKE to the movies because of the above statement.
So here goes:
1. The movie was essentially about DEATH and DYING. Like I said before, that is NOT ENTERTAINMENT to me.
2. George Clooney was the main actor in this flick and well he was just George Clooney like he is in most of his movies.
3. George Clooney wore DAD JEANS throughout the movie. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING/LOOK for anyone let alone George Clooney.
4. This movie made Hawaii and the outer islands look crappy. Imagine - when I think of Hawaii I think of paradise. Well that was BEFORE I went to see this movie. I have a much different view of Hawaii now.
5. THE DESCENDANTS was 1 hour and 56 minutes too long (i.e. the death and dying thing with a few other life problems mixed in)
6. This review is of course my opinion - I just put my thoughts out there. I will not judge AT ALL if you decide to see this movie.
I hope more UPLIFTING movies are coming out over the CHRISTMAS holidays as you know we Cahn's go to the movies every XMAS day! Please keep your fingers crossed for me -
Thanks and I hope this review helps in deciding whether you go see this film or not!